I know I’ve taken a bit of a hiatus from writing and for that, I apologize. But here I am, ready to jump back in with new thoughts, ideas and fresh content.
I recently stumbled upon a blog post by Carly the Prepster titled “30 before 30.” The post is a list of all the things Carly wants to achieve before her 30th Birthday. I was inspired by Carly to put together a list of my own before my 25th Birthday, as well as while I’m 25.
- Start using my camera. I got an awesome point and shoot Canon from my parents a few Christmases ago and I’m sad to say I barely use it. It’s a great camera and I really want to start taking more photos to look back on.
- Make a vision board. I’ve only done this once before and I absolutely loved it. It’s a great way to visually lay out what you want in the future and a great tool to remind you of those goals and wants.
- Start a podcast. This is something Julian and I have wanted to do for a long time and we’re finally getting closer to making it a possibility. I definitely want to hit the ground running and get it started once we hash out a few more details.
- Start crafting again! This is something I really miss doing. Just being creative and having fun with it. I have a Pinterest board devoted to Crafts and DIY Projects that I’ve been dying to try and I can’t wait to dive in.
- Start running…again. This is something I’ve tried in the past and I’ve always let it fall by the wayside. BUT it’s something I want to do. I’d like to run a marathon one day and I know if I hit the ground running (pun intended), I can reach my goal.
- Read more books. This has been one of my goals for 2019 and I haven’t been super on top of it. If you have any book recommendations, leave them in the comments below.
- Work on my blog. Plain and simple. I truly love doing this and I want to do more with this platform and keep working on this passion.
- Create a perfect wardrobe. This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a while. I feel like I have an overwhelming amount of clothing and this will the perfect opportunity to get my closet under control and fill it with pieces that I absolutely love.
- Try being a vegetarian. As someone who enjoys a good burger but enjoys the company of animals more, this is something I truly want to do. There are so many amazing vegetarian recipes out there and I can’t wait to try all of them.
- Spend less time on screens. I’ve become so attached to my phone and my computer, which has made me realize how much I need to pull myself away from them.
- Get outside. I love getting outside, being surrounded by nature and I don’t do it enough. In the comments: What are your favourite ways to get some time outside?
- Declutter our home. Since we’re planning on moving, this is something I’ve already started to do. It feels really good and I just want to keep going.
- Take a class to learn something new. Whether it’s sewing, a dance class or something I have yet to discover, I’m eager to learn something new and maybe discover a new hobby.
- Create a photo album. We have a ton of photos and I’ve been dying to put them together into a photo album. Although it’s convenient to have them digitally, there’s such a sense of nostalgia you get while flipping through a photo album.
- Learn how to make (at least) three cocktails. This was one of my goals for 2018 and I didn’t end up achieving it. I have tons of recipes saved on my Beverages board on Pinterest and I’m itching to learn how to make some of them.
- Make a gallery wall. This may be something that happens after we move, but I love the idea of having quotes and photos mixed displayed in a living room or bedroom.
- Travel. I know it seems cliche but I haven’t been travelling in a very long time. I’d love to be able to book and trip and go somewhere new or revisit one of my favourite vacation spots.
- Decide exactly what I want to do. I’ve been asked a lot lately what I want to do with my life and I’m still not able to truthfully answer that question. I have some ideas but I want to pinpoint exactly what I want my future to look like.
- Plan and execute a girls weekend. Whether it’s attending a wine tasting or enjoy a spa weekend, I want to get a solid group of my gals together and have a great time.
- Build or restore a piece of furniture. Different from the aforementioned desire to craft, I’ve always wanted to build and/or restore a piece of furniture. It combines learning a new skill and the desire to DIY and it’s definitely something I want to try.
- Reduce my plastic use. A while ago, I did some research about our oceans and I’m not going to lie, it made me incredibly sad to see what we’re doing with single-use plastics. I want to try and adjust my lifestyle to reduce my plastic use and I hope it will encourage those around me as well.
- Stop settling. I’m so bad with not voicing my wants/needs and settling to make others happy. I know that isn’t necessarily the worst thing, but I find that it often gets in the way of my own happiness and I’d like to change that.
- Create a Yoga and Meditation routine. I’ve done yoga in the past and absolutely loved the way it makes me feel and many people have shared their positives experience with meditation as well. So I thought, why not create a routine involving both.
- Unlearn bad habits. Picking my cuticles is literally one of the WORST habits I have and I’m dying to let it go.
- Learn to like me. Again, seems a little cliche but it’s something I’ve been working on for a while. I want to be able to look at myself and be happy with who I am.
And there we have it. 25 things for 25. I can’t wait to get a jump on these new lifestyle changes and see how my 25th year turns out for me.